Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ding Ding Ding!!! I have an idea. "The New 2nd Half of the Years Resolution"

So I had a very serious reality check this week in regards to a flaw in my personality.  I've been aware of it for quite sometime, and I've come close to sabotaging relationships, jobs, opportunities...you name it.  I would love to use the excuse that as an actress I'm more overly sensitive, and access my emotions easily than others. Nope!  I'm not going to lie to myself any longer.  It's time to nip this in the bud and break the cycle.  The truth of the matter is that I'm being very self centered.  There is only a very small percent of the population that is actually out to take advantage of others.  Most individuals these days are just trying to do the best they can with the resources they have.  Because of these limited options some folks might have to make a certain choice, conduct themselves in a specific way, have rules and procedures they must follow, etc.  It's probably no reflection on anyone around them.  The backbone of acting consists of learning to put yourself in the shoes of any character you're playing.  Well....shame on me!  I should be even more aware of the fact that you never know what's going on with those around you unless well,  you've walked a mile in their shoes.  
So I've come up with a plan.  I managed to get my original New Years resolution accomplished a little early.  So what if I make what I'm calling a "New 2nd Half of the Years Resolution"?  It's kind of like those accelerated college degrees.  You complete your goal in 6 months instead of a year.  I'm pledging that from now on I will NOT take things so personally.  I'm no longer going to be selfish, and my first reaction will be to look at what the person I feel has hurt me is going through, and the big picture.  It will no longer be about how my feelings were hurt.  I will also make sure that I take 24 hours to assess anything that has made me angry before taking any sort of action because 9.5 times out of 10 I always find that I blow these types of situations way out of proportion.  Hello Mcfly????????????  I think it's about time for this to sink in through my thick skull.

Happy New 2nd Half of the Year, and please feel free in joining me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment